Clearing the False Image

photo credit: Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #141: Today begins a review of the last 20 lessons. Our main theme is: “My mind holds only what I think with God"  Review of: #121 “Forgiveness is the key to happiness” #122 “Forgiveness offers everything I want.”

A couple of years ago, I spent time in the offices of a company where I was being fitted for a prosthetic leg. While sitting in the waiting room, I met a number of angry and sad people. One woman blamed her husband for wrecking the motorcycle she was riding on, another woman condemned herself for a lifestyle which brought about the loss of a limb, a man was angry because he couldn’t continue his former way of living. I never asked anyone questions; these stories came pouring forth. Of course, not everyone was unhappy. There was a guy who used this circumstance as a way to pick up women. He’d been married five times and was looking forward to the sixth! I sat there smiling and doing my best to think loving thoughts toward everyone. They probably thought I was on heavy drugs — haha! Forgiving is the undoing of the denying of Love. Forgiving clears the false image and opens my mind to Love. If I can manage to live this forgiveness within myself, I am extending it to a world in need of Love. Namastè!!


Mary Baker Eddy quote:

“Mind, joyous in strength, dwells in the realm of Mind. Mind's infinite ideas run and disport themselves. In humility they climb the heights of holiness.” Science & Health Page 514:6-9

1 comment:

  1. "Forgiving is the undoing of the denying of Love."

    I have long majored in the wrong decision prayer at the end of Chapter 5 - as a way of forgiving, requesting the undoing of my wrong decisions about who someone is. I love the shift that happens when I open up to God's decision about that person. It is indeed the undoing of the denying of Love. What a relief!

    "Forgiving clears the false image and opens my mind to Love."

    Oh this is helpful! Forgiveness doesn't OVERLOOK the image we "see", nor does it DENY it or TOLERATE it - it CLEARS it!

    YUM!

    ReplyDelete

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...