The Bow of Promise

photo credit: Richard Quick
ACIM Workbook Lesson #137 “When I am healed I am not healed alone.”


These teachings we're studying are so pure we may think we'll never be sick again, we'll never be unhappy again, we'll never have a need which is not immediately met. It's easy to feel this way when our first exposure to divine metaphysics is accompanied by immediate release from a physical malady. Of course, when this happens, we are very grateful for the relief it brings. Christian Science has been propounded as a healing Science since its discovery in 1865. This is because knowledge of the Truth of our being replaces erroneous thought and allows harmony to prevail. The discovery of this healing Principle was hailed by many to be the great turning point in the evolution of thought for all humanity. So what happened to stall this rise to freedom? While we could speculate for pages, I'll posit that it is, purely and simply, fear. Christian Science is the demonstration of divine Love.  It is the realization that nothing else truly exists, which allows all erroneous thought to disappear into its "native nothingness". It is not physical healing we're looking for, but a greater understanding of Truth, of God. As this understanding is attained through the opening of our thought to it, many adjustments take place simultaneously. I can't tell you how this unfoldment will bring freedom. I don't know what it will bring to enrich your life from moment to moment. But I do know it's a "bow of promise on the cloud"!
Mary Baker Eddy quote: "One moment of divine consciousness, or the spiritual understanding of Life and Love, is a foretaste of eternity. This exalted view, obtained and retained when the Science of being is understood, would bridge over with life discerned spiritually the interval of death, and man would be in the full consciousness of his immortality and eternal harmony, where sin, sickness, and death are unknown. Time is a mortal thought, the divisor of which is the solar year. Eternity is God’s measurement of Soul-filled years.”

Science & Health Page 598:23-2

2 comments:

  1. Lovely, just lovely. Thank you.

    And I suspect you're right about the surprising decline in membership in Christian Science. I have heard all sorts of thoughts on this subject, but your statement that it is simply "fear" seems more right to me than anything else. I have to confess that the reason this resonates is that I can see it in myself - as I start feeling more peace, and more joy, there s something in me that gets scared and pulls away. It's quite a dance !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry I did not see this comment until just now – four years later! Thank you for writing it and I hope you are right again :-)

      Delete

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...