Special Relationship?

ACIM Workbook Lesson #205

Central Theme: “I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created me.” Review: #185 "I want the peace of God.”

I find myself slipping back into old ways of destructive behavior. The special relationship, as defined by A Course in Miracles, is an ego-based interaction characterized by expectations of having our needs met — i.e., someone making us happy, or any number of things we have come to expect an outside influence to bring to us. Meeting someone in the holy instant is only possible if we do not bring experiences of the past into the moment. A clean, clear, untarnished meeting is the beginning of giving a relationship to divine Love for definition and purpose. Ego tells us we are lacking and we need someone to partner with in order to complete us. It’s perhaps ironic that we carry these same ideas into our relationship with what we call God. We expect results if we’re going to give ourselves to this gentle, all-encompassing presence, and we’re often upset if our expectations are not met. In an attempt to see us all as the experience of divine Love, I am attempting to clear my self of emotional encumbrances and self-serving behaviors. I feel more peaceful just thinking about it!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"The calm and exalted thought or spiritual apprehension is at peace."
Science & Health with Key to the Scriptures Page 506:11-12


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...