Set Down Your Burden - July 15, 2017

Add caption
ACIM Workbook Lesson #196 “It can be but myself I crucify.”

“The dreary, hopeless thought that you can make attacks on others and escape yourself has nailed you to the cross.” [from today’s workbook lesson] I watched a dual attack happen in the street outside my house today. My volatile neighbor, whom I’ve mentioned before in these writings, and the son-in-law of a woman who passed away this year, became embroiled in a loud and profane exchange of words. As I witnessed their angry attacks on each other, I thought how miserable they both appeared to be. I would be willing to bet these two men are still replaying these angry words in their thoughts, crucifying themselves time and again on what was said, what could have been said, and what would be said next time. If we’re tempted to attack someone for whatever the reason, let’s remember where that attack ultimately comes to rest. I saw so clearly the heaviness of the cross carried by these men today. May they realize their burden and set it down. 

Mary Baker Eddy quotes:

“The real cross, which Jesus bore up the hill of grief, was the world’s hatred of Truth and Love.” Science & Health with Key to the Scriptures Page 50:30-31

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...