Monday, July 24, 2017

The Perfect Concept

photo credit: Kailey Jones
ACIM Workbook Lesson #206
Central theme: “I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created me.” Review: #186 “Salvation of the world depends on me.”

Would you feel uneasy, perhaps arrogant, if you said the salvation of the world depends on you? I know I would have in the past, but that was before I realized that the opposite is true. The realization that we are united with God and all that Is is a humbling experience. It's easy to get this concept backwards, believing that if we recognize our oneness with divine Mind we are displaying braggadocio. I have found boastful behavior comes about from thinking that my material, personal beliefs are more valid than the experience I share with this gentle presence we call God. The surrender necessary to allow myself to want nothing other than to know God is a yielding of my self-important intellectual sureness. The gratitude I feel from the realization of our unity is priceless.

Mary Baker Eddy quotes:

“Love is priestess at the altar of Truth. Wait patiently for divine Love to move upon the waters of mortal mind, and form the perfect concept.” Science & Health with Key to the Scriptures  Page 454:21-23

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Unspeakable Peace

Commaraderie at Book Club “Maybe we will drown or burn or starve one day, but until then we get to choose if we’ll add to that destruction o...