Creatures Great and Small

 


I was reminded, once again, of what animals have to teach us. Today I reached into a small, dark lift (elevator, of sorts) in a 150-year-old church where I play organ. I heard a buzz go by my ear and then a trapped buzzing sound coming from my back. After shaking my shirt shoulder a couple of times, I realized a wasp was trapped in between my diaphanous overblouse and my linen shirt. I took off the sheer outer garment and by looking over my shoulder, I saw the buzzer sitting quietly on my back shoulder. I walked outside and requested it leave, and he/she did so. This brief episode brought into focus how our attitudes affect everything around us. The wasp and I had direct contact on my hand, my ear, and my back. Never at any time did I feel anxious or afraid. And neither did it. When I think back on the times my pets have been anxious or calm, depending upon my feelings — well, our thoughts are mobile and emotions fly fast! Let’s stay calm and positively directed today. Who knows who may benefit from it? Namaste …


“Understanding the control which Love held over all, Daniel felt safe in the lions’ den, and Paul proved the viper to be harmless. All of God’s creatures, moving in the harmony of Science, are harmless, useful, indestructible.”

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 514:26-30


“Are you invulnerable? Then the world is harmless in your sight. Do you forgive? Then is the world forgiving, for you have forgiven it its trespasses, and so it looks on you with eyes that see as yours. Are you a body? So is all the world perceived as treacherous, and out to kill. Are you a spirit, deathless, and without the promise of corruption and the stain of sin upon you? So the world is seen as stable, fully worthy of your trust; a happy place to rest in for a while, where nothing need be feared, but only loved. Who is unwelcome to the kind in heart? And what could hurt the truly innocent?” 

A Course in Miracles T-31.VI.6:1-10

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...