Reactions Against Oneness

Photo credit: Aaron Springston

During a conversation with a friend about political separation, she said that it was all a "reaction against Oneness". I love that statement! I'd much rather think of my desire to argue with people about their beliefs as a "reaction against Oneness", wouldn't you? That makes it much easier to hold a conversation which is not adversarial, even if I'm tempted to tell someone they're wrong. I thank you, dear Friend, for helping me to see every situation as either one of unity or one of separation. My son and his baby son will be visiting me soon. He also will be spending time with his dad who lives in a neighboring town. That side of his family are full of conservative views on life, and I’m about as liberal as they come. There is an event planned where we will all be together and I had not been looking forward to it — until I remembered the words of a fellow ACIM student: it’s just a reaction against Oneness. I promise myself to steadfastly look for the ideas which prove our unity. We all love our families and friends. We want to be comfortable in our homes and are grateful for the abundance which surrounds us. We love my son and his new baby more than we want to voice differences of opinion. I am especially grateful today for the words of my dear friend, Anne, which remind me to recognize unity rather than separation. Namaste…


"Oneness is simply the idea God is. And in His Being, He encompasses all things. No mind holds anything but Him. We say 'God is', and then we cease to speak, for in that knowledge words are meaningless. There are no lips to speak them, and no part of mind sufficiently distinct to feel that it is now aware of something not itself. It has united with its Source. And like its Source itself, it merely is." 

A Course in Miracles W-pl.169.5


“Atonement is the exemplification of man’s unity with God, whereby man reflects divine Truth, Life, and Love. Jesus of Nazareth taught and demonstrated man’s oneness with the Father, and for this we owe him endless homage. His mission was both individual and collective. He did life’s work aright not only in justice to himself, but in mercy to mortals, — to show them how to do theirs, but not to do it for them nor to relieve them of a single responsibility.” 

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 18:1-9


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...