Friendship

Photo credit: Susan Luddy

The longer I live, the more I appreciate the importance of women friends. Don’t get me wrong, I can think of a handful of men who are every bit as important to me, but right now I want to think about the women friends I love so dearly. They come from all walks of life, and every story of how we met and why we’re important in each other’s lives is different. But it’s all important. We are the stuff of which life is lived! When we’re in need, when we want to share joy, when we want advice, when we want to relax on the porch and chat about nothing, when we need to talk through political horrors, when we need comfort during times of loss, when we need a hand to hold, when we need to let off steam, when we are thirsty for small talk or hungry for deep conversation — whatever the scenario, I am incredibly grateful for my women friends. If I had one bit of advice for a young person, it would be to cultivate friendships all through your life. If you got busy and forgot to plant these perennials in your garden, it’s not too late!


“PSALM XXIII

[Divine love] is my shepherd; I shall not want.

[Love] maketh me to lie down in green pastures: [love] leadeth me beside the still waters.

[Love] restoreth my soul [spiritual sense]: [love] leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for [love] is with me; [love’s] rod and [love’s] staff they comfort me.

[Love] prepareth a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: [love] anointeth my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house [the consciousness] of [love] for ever.”
Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 578:4-17


“Love is freedom. To look for it by placing yourself in bondage is to separate yourself from it. For the Love of God, no longer seek for union in separation, nor for freedom in bondage! As you release, so will you be released. Forget this not, or Love will be unable to find you and comfort you.”
A Course in Miracles T-16.VI.2:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...