Friday, October 4, 2024

Feeling the Freedom


Photo courtesy of Aaron Springston

Do you feel that you are free? The complications of daily life can sometimes feel overwhelming. It's easy to feel trapped by illnesses and injuries, financial burdens, grief. We want to help our loved ones in times of trouble, and perhaps we feel helpless. Physicists tell us of a perspective called quantum entanglement, in which particles separate yet remain connected, reacting to stimuli in the same way even though they no longer occupy the same space. In a book by Dan Cowan, Mind Underlies Spacetime, he explains, "...this direct connectedness occurs because each real entity is already everywhere." How perfectly this explains Oneness! This omnipresence is our perfect identity, without boundaries. Our ACIM Workbook Lesson tells us that if we are bound, our [Creator] is not free. That sounds like an impossibility to me. Let’s celebrate our freedom today!

“The admission to one's self that man is God's own likeness sets man free to master the infinite idea.”

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 90:24-25


“If I am bound, my Father is not free. If I accept that I am prisoner within a body, in a world in which all things that seem to live appear to die, then is my Father prisoner with me. And this do I believe, when I maintain the laws the world obeys must I obey; the frailties and the sins which I perceive are real, and cannot be escaped. If I am bound in any way, I do not know my Father nor my Self. And I am lost to all reality. For truth is free, and what is bound is not a part of truth.


“Father, I ask for nothing but the truth. I have had many foolish thoughts about myself and my creation, and have brought a dream of fear into my mind. Today, I would not dream. I choose the way to You instead of madness and instead of fear. For truth is safe, and only love is sure.”

A Course in Miracles W-278.1:1–2:5


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Feeling the Freedom

Photo courtesy of Aaron Springston Do you feel that you are free? The complications of daily life can sometimes feel overwhelming. It's ...