Thursday, October 17, 2024

A Day of Stillness and Peace


Félix Vallotton 

The Bridge Over Béal (Le Pont sur le Béal), 1922.


It's a beautiful day in the Ozarks. Peace is easily felt in the splendor of a fall day. I am grateful for the words in A Course in Miracles. I am grateful for the writings of Mary Baker Eddy, and her determination to demonstrate the Science of The Christ. The words contained in these lessons point toward the Truth of our Being. We are assured Truth is eternally discoverable by anyone willing to see. We are shown how to move away from the learned behaviors of a lifetime. The stillness and peace of nature aids in leading me to the door of Truth, and I am grateful.


“This is a day of stillness and of peace. Christ’s vision looks through me today. His sight shows me all things forgiven and at peace, and offers this same vision to the world.³And I accept this vision in its name, both for myself and for the world as well. What loveliness we look upon today! What holiness we see surrounding us! And it is given us to recognize it is a holiness in which we share; it is the Holiness of God Himself.


“This day my mind is quiet, to receive the Thoughts You offer me. And I accept what comes from You, instead of from myself. I do not know the way to You. But You are wholly certain. Father, guide Your Son along the quiet path that leads to You. Let my forgiveness be complete, and let the memory of You return to me.

A Course in Miracles W-291.1:1–2:6


"Certain moods of mind find an indefinable pleasure in stillness, soft, silent as the storm's sudden hush; for nature's stillness is voiced with a hum of harmony, the gentle murmur of early morn, the evening's closing vespers, and lyre of bird and brooklet."  

Mary Baker Eddy - Christian Science versus Pantheism Page 3:8-13


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

A Day of Stillness and Peace

Félix Vallotton  The Bridge Over Béal (Le Pont sur le Béal), 1922. It's a beautiful day in the Ozarks. Peace is easily felt in the splen...