October 19, 2011

ACIM Lesson #292
“A happy outcome to all things is sure.”

Lyla Allison in
May Festival of the Arts Parade
[Marsha's thoughts]
Putting God first is living a life of constant prayer. This prayer brings us into harmony with divine Mind, and from this we witness happy outcomes. Twelve years ago I took my young boys on a 3,000-mile road trip. We made no reservations and had no plans other than to attend women's World Cup soccer games and look for miniature golf courses. In preparation for this trip, I spent a lot of time studying the science of Mind and working to bring myself into alignment with these metaphysical principles. Through this process, we witnessed many happy outcomes, but the most dramatic was on the first day of our trip. I had worn glasses to see far away for more than 30 years and suddenly found I could see without them. I enjoyed this freedom until a few years ago when renewing my drivers' license and found that they were needed again. It is said by many that these things are to be expected as we grow older. In steadfastly refusing to accept this prognosis, yesterday I renewed my license with no restrictions as to sight. Instances such as this affirm my conviction to live single-mindedly, with only God as my goal, expecting only happy outcomes.

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“The scientific unity which exists between God and man must be wrought out in life-practice,
and God's will must be universally done.”
Science & Health Page 203:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...