October 20, 2011

ACIM Lesson #293
"All fear is past and only love is here."

[Marsha's thoughts]
Last evening, I had planned on going to our Course in Miracles meeting, but something kept holding me at my gallery until well past the starting time. Although I didn't know what, I dutifully followed this prompting. Although numerous people were in and a few sales were made, nothing seemed "worthy" of keeping me from someplace I wanted to be! So around 7:15 I started to close up and was turning off the lights when a woman came in the door, in tears, asking if I'd found her wallet. She had been in earlier in the day, but had no idea where she may have left all her credit cards and money. She said her husband was very angry with her because they'd had their "identity stolen" a few years ago. We retraced her steps while in the gallery and found her wallet in a print rack. While she was very grateful to have found her things, she was still very fearful because of her husband's reactions concerning things from the past. After she left, I realized what I'd kept repeating to her: You're good. You're good. I'm not sure why I was saying this, but hopefully she knows! This incident has shown me how living in the past is the only place fear exists, and that living in the now allows loving reality to shine forth as our only reality.



Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"The Apostle John says: "There is no fear in Love, but perfect Love casteth out fear. . . . He that feareth is not made perfect in Love." Here is a definite and inspired proclamation of Christian Science."
Science & Health Page 410:17-21

2 comments:

  1. A month has past since I read Marsha's experience with the women who misplaced her wallet. And, many times during this past month I reflected on Marsha "being in the right place at the right time" to provide the "miracle" which I am sure the women shared with her husband. Thank you, Marsha, for sharing your blessing to the world because you help me realize that when I release my ego to the Holy Spirit, I need do nothing but BE. And, each time I don't understand why I am where I am when I want to be elsewhere, I will allow my Higher Self to remember Marsha's experience!

    Light, Truth, Freedom, Love, Peace, and Joy abide in you this day (November 16) - Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Dear Richard, for your kind words! It is amazing to me when I re-read this, too! When I remember and re-feel this woman's angst, tears, and fear, I am so pleased to have been there for her. There are so many instances where we're prompted to do certain things and don't take the thoughts seriously. It's too easy to say, Oh, it's just my imagination! Intuitions are God's thoughts passing to us. What arrogance to over-think them!

    ReplyDelete

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...