April 20, 2012 - My True Self cannot be changed, damaged, hurt


Bryce Canyon
photo by Aaron Springston

A Course in Miracles Workbook Lesson #110
“I am as God created me.”
[Marsha's thoughts]
During a conversation with friends, someone asked me how I could have come through a particularly traumatic time without some form of therapy. I hadn't really thought about this, but only knew that I had accepted reality over illusion. The reality is that I am as God created me. The illusion is all the seeming-hurts and lies we may encounter which affect how we feel about ourselves and others. So let's say you have just found out about something which happened in the past. This something affects everything you thought you knew to be truth. What reaction would you have? Perhaps your initial response is anger. We say this is to be expected, because it is what we've experienced in the past and have accepted as normal: that anger is an expected reaction. With the realization that we are as God created us, we can see that this upsetting situation has absolutely nothing to do with our true Self. And the hurtful illusion can dissipate as mist hit by sunlight. In the same way as the mist changes into another form of what it is, our hurt feelings, our fears, can disappear into their native nothingness, being replaced with the Truth of Being. "I Am as God created me." Anything other than this true creation is changeable. Today I choose unchanging, eternal Truth!
Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“In divine Science, man is the true image of God. The divine nature was best expressed in Christ Jesus, who threw upon mortals the truer reflection of God and lifted their lives higher than their poor thought-models would allow.”
Science & Health Page 259:6-9

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...