April 4, 2012 - I Am as God Created Me


A Course in Miracles Workbook Lesson #94
“I am as God created me.”

Aaron at World Cup in Germany 2006
[Marsha's thoughts]
To deal with physical ailments, there are many healing modalities we experience and/or hear of every day.  Some seem to be no more than masking symptoms, some work to find the cause of our distress and eliminate or change it, and others we classify under the heading of miracles because we don't understand their basis. Recently I watched an Oprah Soul Sunday interview with Wayne Dyer in which he told of his diagnosis of leukemia and the subsequent healing he experienced through working with the Brazilian man known as John of God. He was asked to send photographs of himself, taken from four angles, he was to take some prescribed herbs and lots of water, and there were some other physical dictates he was to follow. He was told what time the "surgery" was to take place and instructed to stay in bed for 24 hours afterwards. Many things passed through my mind as I watched this show. First of all, that dis-ease is just that. Dr. Dyer had been going through some rough emotional times, including his wife of many years leaving him. Through the study of Christian Science, I have learned that illness and the healing thereof is facilitated by a change in thought. It is a bringing into alignment thought with Truth. And this Truth is that I am as God created me. With the realization that anything other than this is illusion, we are able to see through the veil into the actuality of our true being. To deny physical symptoms of disease is not to ignore them. It is to see them for what they are: a universal belief in separation from God. By understanding this, we can also release any guilt we may have in the situation. By focusing on what is rather than what isn't, we are learning to understand God and our relation to that source of All that Is. As I go through this day, the seven synonyms for God as given in Science & Health will rotate through today's lesson: Life, Truth, Love, Soul, Spirit, Mind, Principle. If a situation comes up in which I'm tempted to express irritation, I will think: I Am as Love created me. If I don't understand something, I will think: I Am as Mind  created me. What a perfect day this will be!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“Sometime we shall learn how Spirit, the great architect, has created men and women in [the] Science [of the Christ]. We ought to weary of the fleeting and false and to cherish nothing which hinders our highest selfhood.”
Science & Health Page 68:4-9

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...