Thursday, January 23, 2014

January 24, 2014 - Clearing the Way to Peace

ACIM Workbook Lesson #24:
"I do not perceive my own best interests.”


A number of years ago the art gallery that I run was on the verge of closing. We needed more business and I had exhausted every avenue I could think of to save it. And then I stopped thinking. It had seemed impossible to exchange worry for inner knowing (or gnowing, as a dear friend says -- equating inward knowing to Gnosis). After I stopped wondering about all the "what-ifs", after I stopped worrying about financial obligations, after I stopped imaging worst-case scenarios, something happened. The words of Mary Baker Eddy transformed before my eyes, as well-loved verses took on new meaning. Meditations brought peace before unknown. And things began to happen in relation to Eureka Thyme in ways I would never have imagined, much less planned. I tell you this story to remind myself of the feeling that surrounded that time. I was in awe, and joyous, and at peace. As I'm sure you know, once you've tasted that, you want it all the time!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"To those leaning on the sustaining infinite, today is big with blessings."

Science & Health Page vii:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Unspeakable Peace

Commaraderie at Book Club “Maybe we will drown or burn or starve one day, but until then we get to choose if we’ll add to that destruction o...