January 16, 2014 - Every Thought is Important

Mongolia Sunset
photo by Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #16
“I have no neutral thoughts.”

We are remind today that "Every thought you have contributes to truth or illusion: either it extends truth or it multiplies illusion." Recently a number of things have occurred which I'm tempted to think of as disturbing. These things involve seeming losses, and my mind wants to dwell on the what-ifs, imaging reasons for people's actions and wondering what I could have done to change things. I understand how silly this is, as living in the past or pondering the future does nothing to change the now! Today I heard of a dear friend's son's passing. It was unexpected and surprising. I keep imaging her pain. But wait! Does that help her? If every thought is important (which I truly think it is!), then I should hold thought to Love, not pain or grief. What we dwell on multiplies, right? We've all seen it happen, in our lives and others'. So today I will take these words to heart and truly work toward practicing them in every facet of life. I can choose to see through my ego, or I can clear the way for seeing truth through divine Mind. I Am That -- I Am!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"In divine Science, the universe, including man, is spiritual, harmonious, and eternal. Science shows that what is termed matter is but the subjective state of what is termed by the author mortal mind." 

Science & Health Page 114:27-31

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...