October 20, 2014 - One Love

photo by Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #293
"All fear is past and only love is here."

Do you know married couples who seem to stay together for fear of being alone? How about single people who want more than anything to have a partner with whom to share life? Of course, it's nice to have someone to talk to and enjoy. A dear friend tells me she just wants a man to run around with, but she wants someone smart and kind, and she doesn't know any men who fit that bill. I had to laugh! I have so many wonderful men friends and they are wildly intelligent and thoughtful. I think that by leaving past expectations where they began and lived (in the past!), I've allowed myself to see that divine Love is the cosmic soup, if you will, which runs through us all. That Oneness is the completeness I used to seek in others. The fear of aloneness cannot possibly exist where the comfort of Love is felt. By this allowing with no expectations, I have everything I need!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"Wilderness: Loneliness; doubt; darkness. Spontaneity of thought and idea; the vestibule in which a material sense of things disappears, and spiritual sense unfolds the great facts of existence."

Science & Health Page 597:16-19

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...