October 3, 2014 - See, Hear, Repeat Nothing Unlike Good

photo by Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #276
“The Word of God is given me to speak.”

Following the advice of Mary Baker Eddy, to neither see, hear, nor repeat any imperfection -- no matter what may appear to the contrary to material senses -- I look forward to today's lesson to reinforce these lofty goals.  It seems most people want you to join in their misery, so the goal of hearing and repeating only good becomes an interesting exercise. I find myself simply witnessing, without comment, while engaging in lots of smiling. A good friend taught me to say, "You may be right!" This is a good comment to make just before wandering away -- which I'm prone to do. I'm sure many think I'm daft, but that's okay. I often tell people I wake up in a new world every day, and this excuses many of my actions, as they think I'm addlepated and forgive me -- or at least they don't push me for comments! Whatever the case, it's all right as long as I don't feel that uneasiness which comes from not living Truth.

 Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“Let discord of every name and nature be heard no more, and let the harmonious and true sense of Life and being take possession of human consciousness.”

Science and Health Page 355:11-14

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...