March 18, 2015 - Softly Changing Beliefs

photo by Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #77
"I am entitled to miracles."

I'm beginning to see the difference in changing my mind and releasing beliefs. If I change my mind about something, I'm more than likely exchanging one belief for another. I have always had a prejudice against the word "miracle". In Christian Science, I learned there are no such things because what we think of as miracles are simply the way that things ought to be. It is implied in material interpretations that a miracle sets aside a physical law and that this is done by a special compensation from God. But in divine metaphysics, it is the laws of Spirit which have been set aside by our material beliefs. So I am most delighted to see that slowly but surely I am releasing my material beliefs about this word -- and many other things! I'm not changing my mind about this, but letting go of my long-held beliefs about the definition of the word. Every day, fewer and fewer things cause me to cringe. It doesn't matter if it's a political opinion, a person's actions, or my understanding of what something means, I'm becoming softer, and it feels really good. I'm ready to accept all the goodness, no matter what it's named!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"A miracle fulfills God's law, but does not violate that law. This fact at present seems more mysterious than the miracle itself."

Science & Health Page 134:31-32

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...