March 24, 2015 - Forgiveness Equals Happiness

"The Junes"
photo by Richard Quick
ACIM Workbook Lesson #83
Review: “My only function is the one God gave me.” and “My happiness and my function are one.”

My function is to forgive, and through that function I am happy. Often we look forward to events and are disappointed if those plans do not come to fruition. I am schedules to have a fitting for my new prosthetic device today, but yesterday I fell down while filling the bird feeder and my leg is too swollen to go forward with the fitting. I am disappointed. But today is supposed to be a warm, sunny day and I am looking forward to the car trip as much as anything. So I will go forward with happiness, enjoying the company of my friend who is driving. We will take my Chili Dog along with us and have a nice lunch somewhere. I often refer to pointless car trips as "joy riding". So I will forgive myself for not paying attention and tipping over, and we will go forward with a joy-filled day, being happy all the way!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“God has endowed man with inalienable rights, among which are self-government, reason, and conscience. Man is properly self-governed only when he is guided rightly and governed by his Maker, divine Truth and Love.”

Science & Health Page 106:7-10

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...