March 4, 2015 - Peace Through Forgiveness

"A Community at Peace"
photo series by John Rankine
ACIM Workbook Lesson #63
“The light of the world brings peace to every mind through my forgiveness.”

I used to have a bad temper. Starting in childhood, I was easily “irritated” by things. The sound of someone eating a banana noisily would “set my teeth on edge”. A lost item in the house would infuriate me. Teachers who I deemed to know less than I did would bring, at the very least, a roll of the eyes in exasperation. I’m not sure when those feelings fell away from me, but I’m really glad that they have! Being angry at anything, for any reason, is not the way I want to feel. I can only imagine the damage these feelings caused over the years. There were ruined relationships, missed opportunities, multitudes of circumstances which could have been joyful but instead were wasted. Nowadays, it’s pretty darned difficult to burst my bubble of happiness. I’m looking through the illusion of the past and forgiving myself more every day. For that, I am grateful.

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"Gladness to leave the false landmarks and joy to see them disappear,--this disposition helps to precipitate the ultimate harmony. The purification of sense and self is a proof of progress."

Science & Health Page 324:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...