March 27, 2015 - One Thing Have I Desired

"Mongolia Trip"
photo by Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #86
Review: "Only God's plan for salvation will work." and "Holding grievances is an attack on God's plan for salvation."

Once a month I attend a gathering of remarkable women. We have met for a number of years, there are around fifteen of us, and we love and support each other through any and everything. We share good food and drink, laughter, and discuss interesting books. One of these women and I play an online word game similar to Scrabble. She has mentioned that I always get better letters than she does, and that I once told her that I draw these letters to me. Although I don't remember saying this, perhaps I did. Maybe I said it in jest, or it could have been a moment of egotistical mania. I don't know. Something I do in this game, or any other, is not to have expectations. I also don't care if I win or lose -- really, truly! My goal is to make fun words and get the highest score possible, yes, but I couldn't care less if someone else gets a higher score. It's all about what I do, not someone else's actions. This all falls under the same caveat as not holding grievances, not making assumptions, and not having strong opinions. I truly do have one desire: to listen and follow the inner voice of divine Mind. If this brings me better letters in word games or keeps me out of harms way when on the highway, great! But that's not what I'm asking for. I only want one thing: to know God.

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"Salvation: Life, Truth, and Love understood and demonstrated as supreme over all."

Science & Health Page 593:20-21

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...