March 8, 2015 - I Am Love

"Overlooking Basin Park"
photo by Richard Quick
ACIM Workbook Lesson #67
“Love created me like itself.”

Usually it’s easier for me to see that Love created me like Itself than it is for me to see that Love created those bigoted people over there. When those thoughts come bouncing into my brain, I’m reminded of something Marianne Williamson said: “I can’t stand fundamentalist Christians; they’re so judgmental!” And that brings a laugh and breaks the spell I’m casting for myself, wherein I’m the kind, open-hearted person and they’re the hate mongers. There is only one Creator and only one Self. My Self is your Self, whether it seems that way or not. This illusion we’ve set into motion changes moment-by-moment with the script we have written for it. The unchanging Love which is our Creator is Truth. All else is a product of the illusion. And so any time I’m tempted to write a letter of chastisement to our local newspaper concerning activities in our town, I will stop and ask myself, What would Love do? And then I’ll do my best to follow where I’m led.

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“From Love and from the light and harmony which are the abode of Spirit, only reflections of good can come. All things beautiful and harmless are ideas of Mind. Mind [Love] creates and multiplies them, and the product must be mental.”

Science & Health Page 280:4-8

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...