Choosing Love

photo credit: Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #352
"Judgment and love are opposites. From one Come all the sorrows of the world. But from The other comes the peace of God Himself."

If I’m not peaceful, I must be choosing separation and exhibiting judgment. I’ve found this to be a good gauge in all areas of life. By noticing whether I feel agitated, perhaps nervous or angry, or if I’m calm and joyful, gives me the clues to recognizing if my thought is being ruled by emotions and beliefs or if I’m allowing a higher thought to be channeled through me. During the five years I spent attending a metaphysical gathering in our town, I had plenty of practice in recognizing these differences. You know how we often refer to people “pushing our buttons”, meaning that we get angry about most everything they say! During these meetings, there were numerous people I felt caused these reactions in me. Through years of examining my thoughts and reactions, I’m beginning to understand the source of peace, and it’s the same place I find its opposite: within.  Changing my thought from judgment to Love becomes a reward in and of itself, as I find the pure peace which has aways seemed so fleeting. 

Mary Baker Eddy quote:

“Teach them that their being is sustained by Spirit, not by matter, and that they find health, peace, and harmony in God, divine Love.” Science & Health Page 416:32-2

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...