Friday, December 11, 2015

Extending Peace

photo credit: Kailey Jones
ACIM Workbook Lesson #346
"Today the peace of God envelops me, And I forget all things except His Love."

I am so grateful for this topic today, telling me that the peace of God is all there is and reminding me of the all-encompassing power of Love. A few days ago I self-righteously engaged in the correction of a cousin who lives far away. He posted something to social media which I deemed to be inaccurate and I felt obligated to tell him why this was. He asked why I was being oppositional and I told him it was because his comments were incorrect and inflammatory. It seems I momentarily forgot that I cannot change anyone’s thinking but my own, and I regret doing so. Today I shall climb down off of my high horse and remember kindness is more important than my perception of right and wrong. Through forgiveness, I extend peace!

Mary Baker Eddy quote: "Love, redolent with unselfishness, bathes all in beauty and light. "

Science & Health Page 516:12-13

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Unspeakable Peace

Commaraderie at Book Club “Maybe we will drown or burn or starve one day, but until then we get to choose if we’ll add to that destruction o...