Extending Peace

photo credit: Kailey Jones
ACIM Workbook Lesson #346
"Today the peace of God envelops me, And I forget all things except His Love."

I am so grateful for this topic today, telling me that the peace of God is all there is and reminding me of the all-encompassing power of Love. A few days ago I self-righteously engaged in the correction of a cousin who lives far away. He posted something to social media which I deemed to be inaccurate and I felt obligated to tell him why this was. He asked why I was being oppositional and I told him it was because his comments were incorrect and inflammatory. It seems I momentarily forgot that I cannot change anyone’s thinking but my own, and I regret doing so. Today I shall climb down off of my high horse and remember kindness is more important than my perception of right and wrong. Through forgiveness, I extend peace!

Mary Baker Eddy quote: "Love, redolent with unselfishness, bathes all in beauty and light. "

Science & Health Page 516:12-13

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...