Making Peace With Myself

photo credit: Arthur Lau-Sed
ACIM Workbook Lesson #208
Central Theme: “I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created me.” Review: #188 “The peace of God is shining in me now."

Recent interactions with my neighbor have caused me to think about a tale told by Eckhart Tolle in A New Earth. He tells of two monks walking down the road. They see a young woman, dressed in white, trying to cross the road which is a sea of mud. One of the monks picks her up and carries her to the other side and they go on their way. A few hours later, the other monks says, You shouldn’t have carried that woman across the road; we don’t do that. The carrier responds: I put her down hours ago, but it looks like you’re still carrying her! Numerous things my neighbor has said over the years have been yokes around my neck, which I carry constantly and look at repeatedly at the slightest provocation. Every time I try to make peace with him, he says something else which sends me back into the old thought patterns. And so I shall stop trying to make peace with him and, rather, make it with myself. Namastè ~~~

Mary Baker Eddy quote:

“The metaphysician, making Mind his basis of operation irrespective of matter and regarding the truth and harmony of being as superior to error and discord, has rendered himself strong…” Science & Health Page 423:18-21

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for some other informative website. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such a perfect method? I have a venture that I am simply now running on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such info.
    acim mp3

    ReplyDelete

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...