Choose Joy

Photo credit: Arthur Lau-Sed
ACIM Central Theme: “I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created me.”
Review: #190 “I choose the joy of God instead of pain.”

Today I had a conversation with a long-time friend. She is feeling extreme emotional pain. I love her dearly and want to hold her close and hug the pain away. But that is impossible. I would love it if I could take today’s workbook lesson and inject her with a heavy dose of its wisdom, but that is impossible. I can’t choose for her, I can’t change her mind, I can’t do anything but speak Truth to error. I can’t force her to listen, but I can love her. I love her enough that I don’t want to hurt her with telling her what I see to be her “problem”, and so I will choose joy rather than pain when I think of my dear friend. We can all see the best of ourselves, along with our loved ones, and the world.

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
As vapor melts before the sun, so evil would vanish before the reality of good. One must hide the other. How important, then, to choose good as the reality!

Science & Health Page 480:31-2

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...