Thursday, July 28, 2016

Choose Joy

Photo credit: Arthur Lau-Sed
ACIM Central Theme: “I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created me.”
Review: #190 “I choose the joy of God instead of pain.”

Today I had a conversation with a long-time friend. She is feeling extreme emotional pain. I love her dearly and want to hold her close and hug the pain away. But that is impossible. I would love it if I could take today’s workbook lesson and inject her with a heavy dose of its wisdom, but that is impossible. I can’t choose for her, I can’t change her mind, I can’t do anything but speak Truth to error. I can’t force her to listen, but I can love her. I love her enough that I don’t want to hurt her with telling her what I see to be her “problem”, and so I will choose joy rather than pain when I think of my dear friend. We can all see the best of ourselves, along with our loved ones, and the world.

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“As vapor melts before the sun, so evil would vanish before the reality of good. One must hide the other. How important, then, to choose good as the reality!”

Science & Health Page 480:31-2

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Unspeakable Peace

Commaraderie at Book Club “Maybe we will drown or burn or starve one day, but until then we get to choose if we’ll add to that destruction o...