No Sacrifice in This Trade-off

photo credit: Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #343 "I am not asked to make a sacrifice To find the mercy and the peace of God."

I’m witnessing more and more people accepting the gift of peace in exchange for the turmoil and tormented lives they’ve experienced in the past. Perhaps I notice it because I’m accepting peace for myself! I have often fallen totally into sadness of various types, wallowing in the misery, then breaking through the murky belief of whatever it was, with no need of revisiting and retelling the pain. I have done much the same thing in regard to what I perceive to be recent backward steps in the climb to the new earth which is within sight. After spending days in fear and depression, it has been washed away with the realizations of what must be done. What a joy it is to give up personal agendas and preconceived notions of how things should be, welcoming Love without the expectations I so often have of others! I feel no sense of sacrifice in this trade-off!


Mary Baker Eddy quote: “…divine Principle never repents, but maintains the claim of Truth by quenching error. The pardon of divine mercy is the destruction of error.” Science & Health Page 329:24-26 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...