Unforgiven Episodes

photo credit: Nick Franchi
ACIM Workbook Lesson #121 “Forgiveness is the key to happiness.

When we have a lesson which mentions forgiveness in its topic, I always pause and search my memories for treasured pain and long-held grievances. While I don’t find many of these feelings toward others, there are a few recurring things I hold against myself. These unforgiven episodes range from childhood mistakes to unthinking acts in later life, and some bring tears because I find them to be so heinous. I stop to wonder how these actions were interpreted by those toward whom I feel such guilt. Perhaps they didn't know, and if they did, they may not remember it in the same light as I do. In this reliving of the past, I recall a quote from someone, somewhere, which brings me solace: "What you do in the present redeems the past and changes the future." Namasté to myself, and you, and all ---

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“The depth, breadth, height, might, majesty, and glory of infinite Love fill all space. That is enough!”

Science & Health Page 520:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...