Listening For Understanding

photo credit: Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #115 Review of:  #99 "Salvation is my only function here." #100 "My part is essential to God's plan for salvation."

It’s very easy for me to say that I am going to see the innocence in my fellow beings, that I shall not condemn actions or words which bombard me, that I will recognize my essential part in this universe. But then, I find myself in a situation where I’m insistent on being right about something, and all my good intentions are laid aside in the pursuit of this goal. I’ve written numerous times in the past about the continuing saga of my neighbor and his vendetta against the turkey vultures which live in our woods. The issue has been raised once again, in a way I deem to be even more bizarre than ever before. It would be easy to dismiss his words as nonsensical ravings, but I truly want to look at the feelings behind them. My quest for listening to others with the intent of understanding rather than responding will not allow me to dismiss him so easily. Following the guidance of divine Mind, I will endeavor this day to listen, not just to others, but to the still, small voice inside, allowing my heart to lead my actions.

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“Society is a foolish juror, listening only to one side of the case. Justice often comes too late to secure a verdict. People with mental work before them have no time for gossip about false law or testimony. To reconstruct timid justice and place the fact above the falsehood, is the work of time.”

Science & Health Page 238:25-30

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...