Rectifying the Past

photo credit: Aaron Springston
ACIM Lesson #116 Review of: #101 "God's Will for me is perfect happiness."
#102 "I share God's Will for happiness for me."

Yesterday I related a situation which was happening with my neighbor, in which I felt attacked by his words. I decided to listen for understanding rather than simply responding in the way I was tempted to do. After numerous emails, we have ended the day with a relatively calm truce in which I believe we both understand each other better. We all want happiness, safety, health, and good friends. We would all like to have our opinions respected. Many of us have many regrets from the past, and we feel trapped by the magnitude of some memories. Although we cannot change our past, I’m pretty sure what we do in the present rectifies the past and changed the future. Let’s all live in the moment, doing our very best in every situation, right here and now, and see what happens next!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"Upon this stage of existence goes on the dance of mortal mind. Mortal thoughts chase one another like snowflakes, and drift to the ground. Science reveals Life as not being at the mercy of death, nor will Science admit that happiness is ever the sport of circumstance." Science & Health Page 250:28-1

2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of something I read recently in a book by Gerald Jampolsky: "Choose to be a love-finder instead of a fault-finder." I like this idea! It rearranges my sense of identity. Oh...THIS LOVE-FINDER is who I really am. Yes!

    I am astounded at your ability to write such an inspiring blog EVERY day! Thank You!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Cassandra!! Be a Love finder!!! Another thing I love about ACIM is the affirmation that if we don't like our choice in a situation, we can choose again! And thank you for your kind words concerning the "inspiring blog"! I appreciate you!!

      Delete

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...