Unyielding Happiness

photo credit: Richard Quick
ACIM Workbook Lesson #100 “My part is essential to God’s plan for salvation.”

Happiness is a stand-out theme in today’s ACIM workbook lesson. What does it take to be happy? Many of us feel that as long as everything is going fine, we’re happy; conversely, when things are not so good, we’re unhappy. Following this line of thinking, we should be happy as long as there is no pain in our lives, but when it raises its head, we would be unhappy. I’m not sure about you, but I don’t know any people who live a pain-free life. What if we don’t think of pain as something to be feared, but as something to be embraced and examined? Think back to painful experiences you’ve had. I know they’ve always left me in a better spot than they found me. Please don’t think I’m saying you should seek out pain for the good it will do. Simply acknowledge that a little rain must fall and it has a purpose. Often we grow into something delightfully surprising!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“Harmony in man is as beautiful as in music, and discord is unnatural, unreal.”

Science & Health Page 304:16-21

2 comments:

  1. "Simply acknowledge that a little rain must fall and it has a purpose."
    Both these courses teach that pain is unnecessary and that it can be avoided. But should it occur we must realize that it's purpose is to show us we have chosen/thought wrongly and is to be corrected and removed. So I would not agree that "a little rain MUST fall". *capital letters for emphasis only
    Staying positive while having pain indicates hope and a faith/understanding that pain is not real as harmony.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely correct! I got carried away with examples for people unaware of these precepts. Sorry, I lost my way!

      Delete

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...