What Does Peace Mean to You?


photo credit: Aaron Springston

What does peace mean to you? Thinking back through the years, it's meant different things at different times. When I was a child, I didn't want peace because that seemed boring: excitement and adventure was what I craved. As a young adult, I thought that having a husband and plenty of money would mean peace. Later on when I had children, I thought when they grew up I would have peace! Now I see that peace isn't a personal desire or activity: it's a state of mind. No matter how busy I am today, there will be moments to treasure, slipping into the the space between the thoughts and knowing the peace which is eternally ours.

“Willingness to become as a little child and to leave the old for the new, renders thought receptive of the advanced idea. Gladness to leave the false landmarks and joy to see them disappear,--this disposition helps to precipitate the ultimate harmony. The purification of sense and self is a proof of progress." Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 323:32-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...