We Are All The Same


At a recent gathering, a group of Jewish women were talking about wearing the Star of David, how one of them had quit doing so for fear of being targeted by a hater, how a swastika had been painted on a music stand at our public school. When Barack Obama was elected president, I truly thought it signified an end to our limited thinking in regard to human beings. It seems to have brought up all sorts of fear and hatred towards anything unlike what we see when we look in the mirror. My heart aches for those who fear because of their religion or race. My mother was a Chicano from South Texas living in Arkansas. I often lamented her not teaching me the Spanish language, but she wouldn’t do so because she was afraid I’d have an accent. Hers had plagued her all her life, in her quest to fit in in America. We have come a long way in equality issues since I was a child, but when I hear people speak of the fear they have of living their truth, I realize we have yet a long way to go. 


"Legally to abolish unpaid servitude in the United States was hard; but the abolition of mental slavery is a more difficult task. The despotic tendencies, inherent in mortal mind and always germinating in new forms of tyranny, must be rooted out through the action of the divine Mind." Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 225:22-28

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...