Ho'oponopono

Ho'oponopono
I play the organ for our sweet Methodist church here in Eureka Springs. Today’s sermon began by asking us a question: What are you spending your time on, your money, your thoughts? There have been times in my past when I’ve squandered my time with foolish activities, my money on pointless, harmful substances, my thoughts in circular worries and accusations. Occasionally I find myself falling back into judgmental ways of blame, and I don’t like it! When I do this, I’ve discovered a fine way to counter these feelings:  Ho’oponopono. It seems far-fetched to think the repetition of four phrases could make a difference to anyone, but I have seen a yielding of differences occur where it seemed impossible. It gets back to what we all know: to change the world, change ourselves. When we meditate on “I Love You, I’m Sorry, Please Forgive Me, Thank You”, calm overcomes our turmoil. By not pointing a finger at someone else as the cause, we are realizing the completeness of our being. Whether we think of this as being the change we want to see, or loving our enemies — well, actually the best thing is not to think of it at all, but to simply let it permeate you. There’s a lovely story about how Dr. Ihaleakala Hew Len allowed this simple process to heal an institution full of diagnosed criminally insane folks. Check it out if you’re so inclined!

“Hold thought to the enduring, the good, and the true, and you will bring them into your life proportionately to their occupancy of your thoughts.” Mary Baker Eddy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Healing is Supremely Natural

  Photo credit: Mark McGee No matter what "ills" appear to be in our lives, there is no law which says we are condemned to suffer....