The Circle's Not Broken

Ozark Folk Fair 1973​
In 1973, I was almost 20 years old and a student at the University of Arkansas. There was an outdoor music festival in Eureka Springs which was attended by around 100,000 people. I was one of those folks who spent the weekend in the rain and mud -- and it was wonderful! It was the first time I saw The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and I was hooked on bluegrass and soft rock the rest of my life. Tonight, 53 years after this band started playing as a group, they were again here in Eureka Springs and they were, perhaps, better than they had been 47 years ago when they were last in our town. Wow!! A series of recordings they are famous for are called Will The Circle Be Unbroken (1, 2, and 3). The unbroken circle I saw demonstrated in The Aud tonight was life affirming and inspirational. The humanity of 900+ people enjoying a group with deep roots brought tears and laughter more than once this evening. Let's all take a moment and notice our own circles and celebrate them! I am so thankful for all of mine...

​"​Home is the dearest spot on earth, and it should be the centre, but not the boundary, of the affections.​" Mary Baker Eddy​

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

They Are Part of You; and You of Them

Ceramic Created by Ken Starbird What does atonement mean to you? I think of it as being at one with All That Is. The ease with which I accep...