Am I For It?



Choices at Bootstrap Brewing
Today’s observation is of people making life choices because they’re “against” something. One of my acquaintances won’t vote for candidates who support reproductive rights because she is very much against abortion. Someone else I know won’t vote for a gay man because they think God says it’s wrong. I came home and was talking to Kevin about these things and he said his litmus test is to ask himself if he is for something or against something. If he is against it, he examines what he IS for to see where that takes him. We, as a people, are too busy casting stones to listen to ourselves. I remember hearing that Mother Teresa was asked to march in a Vietnam war protest. She stated she would not march against war, but would march for peace. Before I jump on my high horse next time, I shall notice from which perspective I am coming!

“A wise teacher teaches through approach, not avoidance. He does not emphasize what you must avoid to escape from harm, but what you need to learn to have joy.” A Course in Miracles

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

They Are Part of You; and You of Them

Ceramic Created by Ken Starbird What does atonement mean to you? I think of it as being at one with All That Is. The ease with which I accep...