Dreaming of My Brother's Kindness

Pow-Wow in Eureka Springs
Photo credit: Richard Quick

In today’s bridge game, my partner made two gaffs which kept us from being in 1st place. Although I don’t usually hold onto blame in such situations, he has told me how mistakes haunt him. As I reviewed our percentages on each of the 25 boards, it stood out to me that he had performed well on all other hands. This reminded me of the times I hold onto an assumed mistake rather than glorying in loving words and actions! How often have I replayed in my mind unkindnesses which have been taken personally? And how often do I replay sweet, compassionate actions which bring us all to a higher level of living? My goal shall be to stop any mindless reiterations, and bounce back to the ruling majority of goodness!


“Dream of your brother’s kindnesses instead of dwelling in your dreams on his mistakes. Select his thoughtfulness to dream about instead of counting up the hurts he gave. Forgive him his illusions, and give thanks to him for all the helpfulness he gave. And do not brush aside his many gifts because he is not perfect in your dreams.” A Course in Miracles

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

They Are Part of You; and You of Them

Ceramic Created by Ken Starbird What does atonement mean to you? I think of it as being at one with All That Is. The ease with which I accep...