We're All in This Together



What blesses one, blesses all. For instance when I first opened an art gallery in Eureka Springs, I was told the other galleries would try to run me out. This made no sense to me, as our village thinks of itself as an art destination, and in my mind that means more than two or three galleries. For instance, when our first winery opened a few years back, the owners stated there needed to be five wineries in the area for visitors interested in wine to think of this as a wine destination. Yes! For the past two decades, I’ve watched people hold onto what they have without seeing how embracing their neighbor could multiply their good. Fresh food markets have requested that roadside markets be moved so they will not have competition; other enterprises don’t understand why they should have anything on their social media page which doesn’t directly relate to them. I can’t help but think of how sellers of similar items can work together to draw more people to both businesses. And I question why farmers’ markets don’t join with animal shelters and other cool causes to cross promote. It seems we think if someone else has sunshine, there will be less for us. I’ve not noticed it works that way!

“To those leaning on the sustaining infinite, today is big with blessings.” Mary Baker Eddy

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

They Are Part of You; and You of Them

Ceramic Created by Ken Starbird What does atonement mean to you? I think of it as being at one with All That Is. The ease with which I accep...