To Speculate or Not

Unknown Origin

We live in a speculative society, don’t you think? Today a neighbor called me and said, Do you know what’s going on with the pig people? (This was in reference to the folks who had a pot-bellied pig here in town, prompting much ado until the city council finally declared them a farm animal and prohibited them.) “No”, I said, “I do not”. Whereupon she launched into a speculation of what may have happened, based on the fact there was yellow tape on the sidewalk in front of their house. And now, as I overhear Kevin listening to the Rachel Maddow show, I am again struck by the endless speculation of our species! Perhaps I simply have an under-active imagination, but I’d rather just wait and find out what has happened when the dust settles. I don’t think I have a point to this writing. If you have any thoughts about this, let me know!

“This is not a course in philosophical speculation, nor is it concerned with precise terminology. It is concerned only with Atonement, or the correction of perception. The means of the Atonement is forgiveness. The structure of ‘individual consciousness’ is essentially irrelevant because it is a concept...” A Course in Miracles

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

They Are Part of You; and You of Them

Ceramic Created by Ken Starbird What does atonement mean to you? I think of it as being at one with All That Is. The ease with which I accep...