Cozy Neighborhood

Photo credit: Richard Quick
Basin Park in Eureka Springs
As a child, I always wanted to live in town. My parents were older, I was an only child, and we lived in the country. I longed for the kind of neighborhood I heard my friends talk about. They had Beatles clubs, rode their bicycles together, had sleepovers — it sounded wonderful! So when I had children, I made sure to have two and to move to a quiet street in a small town. I still live here and am in love with my neighborhood! The first time I came home and found a note on my refrigerator telling me one of these fine folks had borrowed an egg, I knew I’d never leave. The camaraderie I feel toward them is a great feeling. We rarely visit each other, but think of one another as close friends, and we know we can call for help (or an egg!) at any time. It’s a cozy, comfortable neighborhood. And I am grateful...

"If selfishness has given place to kindness, we shall regard our neighbor unselfishly, and bless them that curse us; but we shall never meet this great duty simply by asking that it may be done." Mary Baker Eddy 



No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

They Are Part of You; and You of Them

Ceramic Created by Ken Starbird What does atonement mean to you? I think of it as being at one with All That Is. The ease with which I accep...