Decisions

"Hobbs State Park"
photo by Gerry Toler
Have you ever noticed that once you think you have something figured out, it turns out you don’t? Usually I don’t worry about making decisions because I’ve learned that trusting intuition is the way to go, rather than making lists of pros and cons and becoming anxious about what is the right thing to do. Lately, I’ve come up against something where nothing feels right. I keep thinking I’d rather be kind than right, but it seems I can be neither. In my desire to understand what’s going on, I’ve been studying Chapter 30 in A Course in Miracles text, the part on Rules for Decision. This evening I’m holding to these words: “‘Today I will make no decisions by myself.’ This means that you are choosing not to be the judge of what to do. But it must also mean you will not judge the situations where you will be called upon to make response. For if you judge them, you have set the rules for how you should react to them. And then another answer cannot but produce confusion and uncertainty and fear.” May I not make up my mind and THEN decide to ask what to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Healing is Supremely Natural

  Photo credit: Mark McGee No matter what "ills" appear to be in our lives, there is no law which says we are condemned to suffer....