Ancient Hatred - Present Love

A beautiful thing happened on Linwood Avenue today. Two of my neighbors have been pretending the other doesn’t exist for a long time, but today they spoke and expressed sorrow to each other for their breach in friendship. As with everything, this could not have been orchestrated any better than happenstance created it. It seems my street has been riddled with ill health, depression, and misunderstanding. But most of us have kept on keeping on, being kind and helpful to each other and holding the space for Love to bridge the chasm. Any healing is cause for celebration, don’t you think? I was a court reporter for three decades and the saddest development I saw in those years was families fighting over stuff -- land, pots and pans, whatever. Any rift brought on because someone wants something someone else has — well, it’s a tragedy in my opinion. May we all witness healing in  our relationships and those around us! Celebrate with me these moments!

“The holiest of all the spots on earth is where an ancient hatred has become a present love.” A Course in Miracles 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

They Are Part of You; and You of Them

Ceramic Created by Ken Starbird What does atonement mean to you? I think of it as being at one with All That Is. The ease with which I accep...