Life Master


I became a life master today. As I write those words, I realize they sound a lot cooler than the actuality is. It is a designation by the American Contract Bridge League to show that you know what you’re doing. I took up this game in the early 80s, and quit when other obligations took me away from it. I didn’t think I’d ever play again, but when I retired I discovered there are three duplicate bridge groups in our area, and I’ve been active in them up until the pandemic changed the way we sit together at tables. Also, in order to become a life master, you must have gold and silver points, which are usually attained only at larger tournaments. But when walk-in club play was limited, things heated up online — and I found out how much I truly love that form of competition! Today, I earned the last 1.5 silver points needed to attain this ranking. I never thought it would happen, and I’m over-the-moon thrilled!

“A knowledge of the Science of being develops the latent abilities and possibilities of man. It extends the atmosphere of thought, giving mortals access to broader and higher realms. It raises the thinker into his native air of insight and perspicacity.” Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 128:13-19

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...