Spinning Your Wheels?


Almost two decades ago our friend, Jim Young, was spinning his wheels. His little black Volvo would spin out at the slightest provocation. He changed tires and did all the things a person would do to alleviate this problem, but nothing worked. Being a deep thinker, Jim asked his Self if there was something he needed to know; something this situation was attempting to show him. He soon realized he was spinning his metaphorical wheels and there was indeed something he needed to be doing. To date, he has been the conduit for 30-some-odd books, he has numerous youtube videos, and recently launched a podcast. I thought of this today when my car and my heater suddenly quit working, then suddenly started again. A month or more ago, my vehicle failed to react when I turned the key. Just nothing. Then after a minute or two, it started and I didn’t think much more about it. A couple of weeks ago, a similar thing happened with the heat in my home. I called to get a repairman, but before he arrived it spontaneously began fulfilling its purpose. And now this morning, both of these events happened again! I think I’ll pay attention this time. I’ll let you know later what insights I learn from this! 

"Learning is joyful if it leads you along your natural path, and facilitates the development of what you have."  --  A Course in Miracles - T-8.II 

“The calm and exalted thought or spiritual apprehension is at peace.Thus the dawn of ideas goes on, forming each successive stage of progress.” Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 506:12-14

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...