Holiest of All Spots

 


An unexpected phone call today caused me to think of the above Course in Miracles quote.​ While I never thought of a particular friend as an enemy, things had come between us years ago and we had drifted apart. I continued sending her a birthday card over the years, and this year sent one for Christmas, also. And this morning I received a phone call from her. It was wonderful to hear the voice of this woman who had been my best friend for years. She was like a second mother to my children when they were infants and toddlers, and I have missed her friendship. We probably won't see much of each other, and we most likely won't talk on the phone very often, but it feels as though an empty space has been sewn together, and I am grateful. 

"Forget not that a shadow held between your brother and yourself obscures the face of Christ and memory of God. And would you trade Them for an ancient hate? The ground whereon you stand is holy ground because of Them Who, standing there with you, have blessed it with Their innocence and peace." A Course In Miracles T26-IX-2

"Holy inspiration has created states of mind which have been able to nullify the action of the flames, as in the Bible case of the three young Hebrew captives, cast into the Babylonian furnace, while an opposite mental state might produce spontaneous combustion." Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 161:5

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...