Facing Change Fearlessly

 

David Inshaw - She Did Not Turn, 1974.


This quote by Meister Eckhart caught my attention today: “And suddenly you know: It's time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings.” In looking back at the new beginnings in my life, they were the best of times. Giving away practically all my possessions and moving to Eureka Springs, changing our lifestyle in a major way with this move, was by far the best decision I ever made. I’ve watched friends limit their happiness because they were afraid of change. One man loved his little dog so much that when she died he wouldn’t get another one, because he couldn’t stand the pain. We all know people who won’t fall in love because they are afraid of disruption and pain coming into their lives. One man talked his wife into not having children because the world was too awful and he felt it would be wrong to bring babies into it. I’ve always wallowed in sadness when the situation is presented. It seems to help me move through it more thoroughly if I honor the feelings, embracing them and finding the glimmers of joy. Every animal I’ve loved has shown me the meaning of eternal Life, as has every friend who has passed out of sight. Love is worth anything we must walk through, as it helps us to understand its power and grace. And I am grateful …


“Today accept Atonement, not to change reality, but merely to accept the truth about yourself, and go your way rejoicing in the endless Love of God. It is but this that we are asked to do. It is but this that we will do today.” A Course in Miracles W-139.10:2-4


“The understanding of Truth and Love, the Principle which works out the ends of eternal good and destroys both faith in evil and the practice of evil, leads to the discernment of the divine idea.” Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 561:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...