In The Name of Truth

Creation of Sandy Wythawai Starbird 

Certain things seem to be difficult for human beings to do: admit that we are wrong, and say we are sorry. I know when I was a child I didn’t like to admit I was wrong. I grew into the ability to admit these things. I’m extremely happy when opportunities arise to apologize — probably a bit of ego slipping in there. But even today I find opportunities to check myself. A few weeks ago, the Response and Acclamation books I use in the Catholic services mysteriously disappeared. The cantor and I decided the substitute cantor must have taken it home. When I asked him to bring it back, he said he didn’t have it. Well, last week when I was looking for a particular piece of music on my shelves at home, I discovered it in the midst of all of my wedding music books! We had had a wedding planning session with a couple who will be marrying next month, and when I picked up all the music the missing book had been hiding between a couple of others! I am admitting right here and now that my first inclination was to pretend I had not found it — or taken it! But no, that was not a possibility because two people were thinking the substitute had it and simply did not know. So I fessed up to everyone involved. Now, this doesn’t seem like a big thing, but there is no degree of importance when we choose to lie. May this way of thinking spread the world over, so we can live in peace, harmony, and truth! 


"What can correct illusions but the truth? And what are errors but illusions that remain unrecognized for what they are? Where truth has entered errors disappear. They merely vanish, leaving not a trace by which to be remembered. They are gone because, without belief, they have no life. And so they disappear to nothingness, returning whence they came. From dust to dust they come and go, for only truth remains." 

A Course in Miracles Lesson 107


“As the reflection of yourself appears in the mirror, so you, being spiritual, are the reflection of God. The substance, Life, intelligence, Truth, and Love, which constitute Deity, are reflected by creation; and when we subordinate the false testimony of the corporeal senses to the facts of Science, we shall see this true likeness and reflection everywhere.” 

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 516:2-8

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...