WWJD

 

Art created by John Rankine

Have you ever noticed that folks who defend themselves the most seem to have the most to defend themselves against? I’m friends on social media with an acquaintance from school days who is constantly telling us we must beware of this, that, and the other. It’s quite astounding how many things she’s afraid of, and wants us to shelter against, too. She recently posted a long diatribe. While I would usually block someone who does this consistently, she fascinates me and I look forward to her angst. I know that’s a horrid thing to admit, but it’s true. Everyone was getting so excited about her warning today that I simply posted: “My safety lies in my defenselessness”. After checking her reaction to this statement, I was pleasantly surprised. She “loved” it! So another lesson for me: Do NOT make assumptions. Namaste…


"Who would defend himself unless he thought he were attacked, that the attack were real, and that his own defense could save himself? And herein lies the folly of defense; it gives illusions full reality, and then attempts to handle them..." A Course in Miracles


“Hold thought steadfastly to the enduring, the good, and the true, and you will bring these into your experience proportionably to their occupancy of your thoughts." Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...