Art Prayers for Ukraine

 


Art by Marjorie Theodore

A woman named Marjorie Theodore has been posting daily art prayers for Ukraine on her social media page. It may be a simple sunflower, as the photo I’ve included with this writing, which she posted along with the words “sunflowers for strength, and peace, and hope”.  She’s done it every day for more than a year. When asked if she planned to continue, she answered: “How could I not? I hope that my commitment will last as their commitment does. I do think art is prayer. I think that song is prayer. When you are thinking of someone that you love, that is prayer. So when I think of Ukraine and I express my feelings through these daily pictures, it is a prayer.” Ms. Theodore has caused me to realize that my daily writings are also prayers: prayers for you, prayers for me, prayers for the world. We all have the opportunity to express Love in everything we do. I hope you will appreciate yourself today, and shine your love into the world. Namaste…


“The test of all prayer lies in the answer to these questions: Do we love our neighbor better because of this asking? Do we pursue the old selfishness, satisfied with having prayed for something better, though we give no evidence of the sincerity of our requests by living consistently with our prayer? If selfishness has given place to kindness, we shall regard our neighbor unselfishly, and bless them that curse us; but we shall never meet this great duty simply by asking that it may be done. There is a cross to be taken up before we can enjoy the fruition of our hope and faith.” 

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 9:5-16


“To you who are in time a little while, prayer takes the form that best will suit your need. You have but one. What God created one must recognize its oneness, and rejoice that what illusions seemed to separate is one forever in the Mind of God. Prayer now must be the means by which God’s Son leaves separate goals and separate interests by, and turns in holy gladness to the truth of union in his Father and himself.” 

A Course in Miracles S-1.in.2:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...